The Honda Pilot has been a long favorite of many people, with record-breaking sales in the year 2021 (about 143,062 Pilot have been sold). It is no less than Honda’s best-selling CR-V, just seems to do everything well, with no bother or hoopla.
The mid-size crossover SUV – Honda Pilot went through a major makeover in 2023. And that was all needed to completely share a different platform than Odyssey. However, the Pilot continued its legacy as one of the best utility minivans.
At present, the fourth generation Pilot is running in the market with no significant alterations in its second year on the market. It will be available in the same trim levels and with the same gas-engine powertrain as the 2023 model in 2024.
Well, we are less likely to see any major Pilot updates in 2024.
What’s New for Honda Pilot in 2024?
Currently, the fourth generation Honda Pilot has no significant changes in its 2nd year in the automobile industry. All the 2023 Pilot trims will be available in 2024 with no new edition whatsoever.
Also, the core functionalities remain the same, including the same gas-engine powertrain just like the 2023 model year in 2024. What remains in the 2024 model? Details below,
The Honda Pilot 2023 In A Glance
The pilot comes with the updated V6 powerful engine. It can pull over 5,000 pounds in full fuel efficiency. It offers more room to breathe, with plenty of storage space for snuging. The vehicle represents a thoughtful touch with the second-row seat.
We used the term, ‘thoughtful’ because it can easily glide forward only at the tip of a button so that your toddlers can get into the back seat easily, which has been a struggle in most passenger vans.
Don’t waste time over competition, cause the Pilot offers comfortable padding for all three rows. It’s not like, one row is cozier than the other one. Take a glance at all the standout features of the Honda Pilot in 2024 that make the Pilot ideal as a family van. Key features are,
- Pilot 2024 promotes an Intelligent Traction Management System. You can seamlessly optimize performance for different road conditions such as normal driving to snow, mud, or sand modes. Nothing can stop you from a safe and smooth ride.
- The versatile interior accommodates up to 8 passengers. The Pilot’s second-row seats feature the Magic Slide technology with easy access to the third row. Additionally, the car ensures every passenger has optimal comfort and convenience with different settings and seating configurations.
- Let’s not forget the creative communication feature with CabinTalk. In Pilot, the driver can speak to passengers through the speakers and headphones, while CabinWatch provides a live video feed of the rear seats on the infotainment screen. Easy for parents to keep an eye on children without turning around.
- Safety always comes first with Honda, especially when talking about the Honda Sensing suite. It includes collision mitigation braking, adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and road departure mitigation. The modern safety technologies will improve your driving experience.
- The Honda Pilot 2024 also incorporates a Blind Spot Information (BSI) System. If a vehicle appears in the blind spot, the car will alert you. Also, the Cross Traffic Monitor offers an extra layer of security. It can identify any vehicle coming from the side when backing out of parking spaces.
- You have everyone connected on the go with its built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi capability. You can easily turn the SUV into a Mobile Hotspot, amazing right? Have all passengers stay connected and entertained all along the way.
- Elevate your driving experience with the Honda Pilot. The beautiful Panoramic Roof will widen the length of the vehicle. Additionally, the expansive glass roof allows natural light to flood the cabin. It creates an open and airy atmosphere for all passengers on board.
- Welcome the new generation Hands-free Access Power Tailgate. You can open the tailgate automatically by simply kicking your foot under the rear bumper. It provides easy access to the large cargo area, even with your hands full.
- The 2024 Pilot also indulges fuel-efficient driving habits with the Eco Assist System. It is built of two individual parts: the Driver Feedback System and ECON mode.
The Driver Feedback System offers an ambient meter in the instrument panel. It changes color as an indicator of driving efficiency. Depending on the model, A blue or white color will point to less-efficient driving, while it mostly depends on the model
- The Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE) body structure is the all-in-one design of Honda. It contributes to the Pilot’s robust safety performance and improves passenger protection and crash compatibility.
The Pilot 2024, and previous all trims are sport utility trim. The LX trim of the Pilot is considered one of the alternatives to the Honda Odyssey. Learn more here.
On the other hand, the Pilot TrailSport serves as one of the best for family ventures. Many people consider it one of the most efficient three-row crossovers for light off-road detours, thanks to the additional ground clearance.
And if you are driving too close on slippery or snowy roads, the car already elevates the traction to keep the ride safe. It redistributes the V6’s efficiency and ensures, the Pilot gets more control over the road curves.
Plus, indulge yourself with the smooth experience of the Pilot steering. It is unbelievably light, with no significant hint of how bumpy the road is.
Price and Available Trims
The Honda Pilot 2024 will start at $37,090 all charges included. Even though the 2024 models went through no identifiable changes, there is still a rise of $790. Perhaps, it’s due to the worldwide price hike and the balance of the ongoing economic crisis overall.
Depending on different trim levels, the price may go up to $53,855. Take a look below to get the details,
LX 2WD: $37,090
LX AWD: $39,190
Sport 2WD: $39,600
Sport AWD: $41,700
We would suggest you settle with the all-wheel drive for deriving most of the Pilot. AWM improves the towing capacity, and we think it’s really worth the extra bucks.
And if you are looking for suggestions, on which trim to go with, we would recommend the Pilot EX-L trim. It has been successful over the top of the lineup.
The EX-L is really a good catch with its remarkable PA system and passenger-facing mirror. Other fundamental Pilot features such as USB ports in every row remain the same.
The EX-L trim is available at $43,775 for the FWD and $45,875 with AWD. Many people, including us, really think that Pilot EX-L syncs between price and functionalities so nicely.
The premium leather seats, with a large 9.0-inch display touchscreen, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, wireless smartphone charging, and a power tailgate all generic features are present in the EX-L.
What We Like About the Honda Pilot?
Pilot fans remain disappointed with no major changes in the 2024 model year. How would they take the rise in price without significant changes, is yet to be discovered!
Here are some of the coolest trump cards of the Honda Pilot that we really like,
- Elegant exterior design
- TrailSport’s excellent off-road abilities
- Broad interior with room for more.
- Versatile seating with Magic Slide feature.
- Seamless communication establishment.
- Safety options are above the level.
- Hands-free access power tailgate for quick accessibility.
- Added protection and crash compatibility with ACE.
What We Don’t Like About the Honda Pilot?
- The screen may feel small for a spacious cabin.
- Honda still hasn’t offered a hybrid.
- Trail Torque Logic is only available at TrailSport.
- Magic Seat may not be too comfortable for adults.
- The Honda Pilot comes with low resale value.
- Relatively short warranty level.
In 2023, Honda Pilot went through a major setback. The reason why Honda is making no significant additions to the Pilot 2024 model year is that it’s just been a year since the full redesign.
Perhaps, it’s too soon to consider a makeover again. Additionally, we believe some improvements are waiting in the queue. The display is really small for such a spacious passenger van. Additionally, the warranty comes on average for Honda’s standard.
Next year, we hope to see the improvements including some added features also. What do you think of the standout features of the Honda Pilot 2024? Let us know in the comment section. Also, feel free to share our article with your friends and let them know about us.