Most people don’t know how to set their clocks in their Honda Civics, so they need to go through a few steps when they want to adjust their time.
From 1972 until today, Honda Civics have had a long and storied history. The changing of the clock for each model would be difficult since there are so many models.
Most modern vehicles have radio-integrated clocks, including the Honda Civics’ seventh and eighth generations.
It can be difficult to figure out the clock settings in older cars. As a result, people often drive around with incorrect clocks because of these often-counterintuitive settings.
Your radio’s controls can be used to set this clock since it’s built into your device. If your battery has been replaced or the daylight-saving time has started, you may need to change your clock.
How To Change The Clock In A Honda Civic
Honda drivers who want to set the clock in their vehicles should first consider the year of their Honda.
Your car’s clock setting process differs depending on which generation it is. In the following table, you will find instructions for setting up your Honda clock by generation.
Here are some quick steps to change the time in your Honda Civic:
- Park your car.
- Hold down the AM/FM button for a few seconds. You should see the time display blinking.
- Changing the hour and minutes or resetting your clock can be done by pressing the numbers 1, 2, or 3.
- There should be an H, M, or R next to the numbers to let you know which one does what.
- You can set the time by pressing and holding the AM/FM button.
2016-2021 Honda Model Clock Reset
In The Case Of Touchscreen Models:
- From the infotainment system’s home screen, choose “home”.
- From there, click on “settings,” then “clock,” then “clock adjustment.”
- Set the time and hit the correct value.
In The Case Of Non-Touchscreen Models:
- Hold down the “menu/clock” button.
- To change the hours, turn the selector knob.
- Toggle through minutes by pressing the knob once and turning it again.
- Don’t forget to click set when you’re done.
Reset The Clock On Honda Models From 2012 To 2015
If you know how, changing the clock on a 2012 Honda Civic is pretty easy.
- Start the engine.
- Hold down the clock stem (left of the steering wheel on the instrument panel).
- Press down the stem to shift to minute changing mode and then turn the stem to change houses.
- To change the minutes, turn the stem once more.
- To finalize your new time, press the stem once more.
Reset The Clock On Honda Models From 2006 To 2011
- Start the engine.
- The time will begin to blink as soon as you press and hold the “clock” button.
- By clicking the “preset 1” button, you can change the hour, and by clicking the “preset 2” button, you can change the minute.
Reset The Clock On Honda Models From 1998 To 2005
- Make sure the ignition is on
- The clock should begin flashing as soon as you press and hold the “clock” button on your stereo.
- If you want to change the hour, use “preset 4” and if you want to change the minute, use “preset 5”.
- To finalize the new time, press and hold the “clock” button once again.
From simple LED control to SVC, Honda cars are equipped with many modern settings. If you want to change any Honda settings, make sure you are parked first. Always put safety first!
Just swing by any service center if you’re still confused about how to change the Honda clock.
It will be their pleasure to walk you through the steps of setting the clock in a Honda in person.