Nowadays, SUVs have become a popular choice for many buyers. And, why shouldn’t it be?
SUVs serve better under different weather conditions and offer better traction on slippery roads. Additionally, SUVs deliver significantly affordable fuel economy. They are trendy, modern, and luxurious.
That’s why SUVs are the best to fit your taste and budget! Talking about affordable, this cheapest Honda SUV of 2024 will change your mind!
The 2024 Honda HRV stands out on the generic list of SUVs. It seamlessly takes reliability, style, and budget into account. However, does the cheap point compromise quality? Or, it’s an overall great budget for its quality and service?
Let’s find out today! Today, we will get an overview of the Honda 2024 HR-V and its pros and cons. Ultimately, we will find out, whether this affordable Honda SUV does you justice.
- It is a subcompact crossover SUV. The HRV combines both, the speed of a small car and the versatility of an SUV. This vehicle is ideal for urban environments.
- The HR-V generally offers efficient engine options. It delivers a balance between performance and fuel economy. That’s why the HRV is an economical choice for daily commuting.
- One of the most impressive features of the HRV is the Magic Seat. You have different options for cargo and seating arrangements. Additionally, the car comes with Utility Mode, Tall Mode, and Long Mode.
- The HRV is a part of Honda’s global lineup. It is popular in different markets worldwide and fits your practical needs of any lifestyle.
- Over the years, Honda has introduced updates and improvements to the HR-V. Additionally, you will most likely have a robust resale value. It could be a wise investment for buyers who value long-term retention.
Honda 2024 HRV: Overview
Here, we will write a short review of Honda HRV 2024. You can get the details here, it consists of a perfect elaboration of the SUV, including its lineup history.
It has been Honda’s concern to deliver a practical and completely value-oriented vehicle with the Honda HRV. Honda used bits and crumbs from other vehicles from the lineup. After successful implementation, the HRV now serves as an entry-level SUV.
The foundation of the HRV is inspired by the compact Civic car. The HRV learned the road manners pretty well. Other things you should know before we pass on the judgments are,
Powertrain and Fuel
As we already have a detailed review of the Honda 2024 HRV, this overview is a price vs quality. Most of the Honda SUVs have multiple four-cylinder engines. However, the HRV comes with only one engine.
Since the primary goal is to keep the starting price low, the HRV model has to reduce the engine options. It’s a 2.0-liter inline-four that pairs with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). It significantly delivers 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque.
It is a standard front-wheel drive model, with an optional AWD system. Thinking about gas mileage, the 2024 HRV model delivers an EPA of about 26 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
If you get an optional AWD system, it will have 25 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. Many experts say the 2.0-liter four-cylinder is a weak starting point. Plus, the CVT transmission makes the car even more juiceless.
However, the 2024 HRV may not be the fastest vehicle for its type, but it does promote a balance between efficient performance and fuel economy.
Many people are waiting for a hybrid HRV next. They say, Honda can effectively use the powertrain from the Accord Hybrid the way Honda took inspiration from the Civic compact.
Imagine a hybrid on queue, the HRV would directly compete with the most popular Toyota Corolla Cross. In exchange for this, Honda will get a more prominent brand image.
However, until this happens, let’s keep our satisfaction practical with the HRV. There’s still a lot to fill in with the spacious cabin, present-time infotainment, and driver assistance tech.
Take A Note Of Features
This SUV is efficiently equipped with all modern tech. It is available in three trims – (1) the 2024 Honda HRV LX, (2) the 2024 Honda HRV Sport, and (3) the 2024 Honda HRV EX-L.
Some premium features will vary trim by trim. On the contrary, most of the features are standard to all trims.
Standard features are the genuine ones that apply to all trims. In the Honda HRV, all trims receive the standard Honda Sensing suite of advanced driver-assistance systems, a user-friendly 7.0-inch color touchscreen infotainment system, and wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The interior is nice and standard. However, it may not shout out luxury, and you have to accept it! Apart from this, the interior is clean, functional, and highly complements efficiency with practicality.
On top of the trim tier, lies the EX-L trim. You can make a fair trade in exchange for a few more dollars. Top tier features are,
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (Wireless): Genuinely, the other two trims come with the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto but are not wireless.
- Wireless Phone Charger: Only wired charger is available in the Sport and LX.
- The EX-L trim comes with a 9.0-inch color touchscreen. It includes a volume knob, personal feature settings, and smart shortcuts too. Other trims receive a 7.0-inch color touchscreen, 2-inch shorter than EX-L.
- Eight-speaker Audio System: Other trims receive only a 4 to 6-speaker audio system.
Other Competitive Features Are,
- SiriusXM satellite and WiFi hotspot.
- HD Radio
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Automatic-dimming rearview mirror
- Ambient LED lighting
- Heated front seats
- Leather upholstery
- Front and rear parking sensors
At a glance, this is what Honda HRV has to offer. Now, you must be thinking about the price! All the features are available at what cost? Here it is,
Honda 2024 HRV Price:
All three trim levels of the Honda 2024 HRV (LX, Sport, and EX-L) are available at budget-friendly options. The trims are attractive to most budget-aware car enthusiasts due to their low starting price.
The starting MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) of the LX trim is $24,100, the Sport trim is $25,650, and the top EX-L trim is $27,650.
Take a look at the other Honda SUVs, prices will significantly rise higher. For example, consider the new 2024 Honda CRV for a moment. The starting MSRP of the CRV is $29,500.
It’s hard to get a budget SUV within 30,000$. Thus with the 2024 Honda HRV, you are getting a good deal for yourself! This two-row SUV can make you ideally fit into the car with your family!
However, if you are looking for a 7-seater SUV, consider the Honda Pilot, its EX-L, or the TrailSport Trim.
Passing Down Judgement on Honda 2024 HRV
It’s time to put the Honda HRV on the hedge finally. Honda HRV is a budget choice for many of us.
Here’s What We Like Most About The 2024 Honda HRV,
- Modest Exterior: Although we can’t say, that the Honda HRV is a tech-proficient vehicle, the model fills the gap from the outside. The exterior is sleek and modern, with a dynamic and aerodynamic profile.
You get a sporty and contemporary profile all in and out. The lines and curves are specially built to deliver a sense of motion, even when you park the car outside.
You also receive a bold grille at the front end, associated with a chrome tone. It delivers a unique and positive aura on the road. The headlights are sharp and promote acute angles.
- Two-Row Interior: The interior is standard and sufficient. Although not luxurious, it is enough for individual or family drives.
The cabin is roomy and all passengers will have proper space. Another plus point is that the cargo also holds effectively large space. With the Magic Seat feature, you can fold the back row and get an additional 30.7 cubic feet more space.
Generally, it’s 24.4 cubic feet with the second row on the stand, and with it folded, you get 55.1 cubic feet of cargo space.
That’s quite a competitive number! Put the 2024 Hyundai Kona on the same level, and the cargo would still be smaller. This direct competitor of the Honda HRV only offers 19.2 cubic feet (with the second row in place) and 45.8 cubic feet (with the second row folded), respectively.
Plus, the tier-top trim is available at $32,985. Considering this, the Honda HRV is really a budget-friendly choice with more spacious options.
- Standard Safety Features: Honda has always emphasized its safety features. That’s not exceptional for Honda HRV too. Each HRV trim offers Honda’s flagship safety functionalities, including the Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS), forward collision warning, road departure mitigation system, lane-keeping assistance, lane departure warning, and adaptive cruise control with low-speed follow.
All the features are inclusive of the Honda Sensing Suite 360. We have written a detailed article on this too! Check out here.
So far, here is the positive feedback we love about the Honda HRV. The model hosts do not have extensive features, but the ideal ones a passenger will need. Also, all the features come at a reasonable price, which is not easily available with any of its competitors at this price range.
Now, it’s time to pass on what the Honda HRV doesn’t get right and should be improved.
Here’s What We Don’t Like Most About The 2024 Honda HRV
- Performance: Some HRV users find the engine performance to be enough but not exceptional. Additionally, the HRV’s price is modest compared to competitors in its class. We can confess, that the cheap price contributes to the overall performance and speed of the vehicle.
- Slow Speed: Another notable drawback of the HRV is its slow acceleration. A lot of users blame its weak engine for this! The HRV clocked from 0 to 60 MPH in about 9.4 seconds (according to Car and Driver Testers). It is comparatively lousy and lazy than its immediate competitors.
For instance, the Hyundai 2024 Kona takes 8.5 seconds to rise from 0 to 60 MPH.
- Noisy: Efforts to give Honda HRV a quiet cabin were impressive. However, some drivers and passengers may notice high levels of road noise. Especially when you drive at higher speeds or on rougher road surfaces, you have the company of minor noises.
- Seats Are Tight: Although it is a personal preference, we may not like the firm seats on board. It may make you feel uncomfortable for long drives.
While firm seats are okay and supportive for a wide segment of people, it is also not uncommon for some people to find the seats too hard.
- Small Rear Window: The HRV includes a split rear window. Some drivers may find the visibility through the rearview mirror to be limited. This is seriously a consideration for people who prefer an unobstructed view.
- Interior Materials Are Cheap: Users expect a posh upscale feel in modern cars. The HRV, being a modern car of the 2024, is functional, however fails to deliver this upscale modern impression behind.
The grades of materials may not match the standards of higher-priced vehicles. Some users may notice more extensive use of plastic surfaces. It potentially affects the luxury of the cabin.
Well, Honda could have used high-quality materials and finishes. But that would also end up with an upscale price.
- No Hybrid Model: Having no hybrid trim is one of the major drawbacks of the Honda HRV. In a world where measures are taken to offer an eco-friendly solution to industrial alternatives, the Honda HRV, without a hybrid model could be the wrong endeavor now.
Even, the Honda HRV without a hybrid model is contradictory to Honda’s brand motto and goal – electrifying all CVT models by 2040. Learn more about Honda’s launch of fuel cell vehicles in 2024.
We also believe a hybrid model will solve the poor acceleration problem, currently an issue with the HRV.
No denying that the 2024 Honda HRV is an affordable solution for car buyers. Especially, if you are looking for a small crossover that subsequently puts budget, practicality, and budget on the same table, the HRV is an ideal option.
Although the drawbacks are prime, but not serious enough to affect your driving dynamics or safety. A few drawbacks won’t literally swift away the wide range of features Honda HRV offers. Overall, the Honda HRV is really a compelling choice against the many subcompact SUVs of its class.
So, what are your thoughts on the Honda HRV, the cheapest SUV of Honda? Let us know in the comment section. Also, don’t forget to share our article with your friends and people who are looking for an affordable yet practical SUV.
We will soon be back with another useful article on Honda.