The DC2 is a third-generation model car. It is the result of multiple upgrades and a lot of improvement. The review of the car is quite good and drivers enjoy driving for long as well as short distances.
But what does DC2 mean Integra? What year is it? The DC2 means Device control two or two-door coupe. People also said that it is the VIN. The year of this car is 1993-1997. And it is enriched with a lot of features and a classy athletic look.
That’s not the end. This article has many more to inform you about both the good and bad sides of DC2. Stay tuned and learn about it.
What does DC2 mean Integra? What year is it?
DC2 is one type of sports car of Honda Integra. DC2 has several meanings. Some said that it refers to ‘Device Control Two’. It can be said that it includes the fourth through sixth characters in the VIN.
People also present it as a chassis code. 94-01 VTEC Integra coupes are equal to DC2. DC2 is known as the GS-R and the Type R. The year from 1993 to 1997.
DC2 is widely regarded as one of the greatest front-wheel driving cars. It is the heavily modified version of the third-generation Honda Integra. The chassis here is lightened by removing most of the sound deadening. It is now strengthened with extra sports wielding and many more body reinforcements.
- The vanity mirrors, cruise control, and rear wiper are removed. All the glasses, including windscreen glasses, are made thinner. It is done to decrease the weight of the car. The suspension is designed with revised springs
- It has a full body kit, alarm, and AC
- The roar from the 1.8-liter engine at VTEC is huge. The close-ratio five-speed manual transmission is strengthened and mated to a helical limited slip diff. The engine is hand-built, ported, and polished. It is featured higher compression and larger throttle bodies
- Higher lift camshafts with a high-volume exhaust manifold can be seen in them. When you look at this type of car, you will get an athletic feel
- The titanium knob is perfect in size, it can move easily and fits in hand perfectly
- From the outside, the car is looking like a compact and small packet but will not give you the compact feeling from the inside
- The seats are comfortable for the driver.
- As a sports car, it is supposed not to have any glass-lifted tailgate, but it has a lot of space. You can easily fit your luggage in it
- The car is also designed with door bins, cup holders, a glove box, and an ashtray
- It has two airbags, seat belts, and abs brakes
DC2 is modified to lighten its weight and perform better. The front and rear vision will mesmerize your eye as the glasses are quite wider than other cars. You can constantly change gears without any difficulties.
Though the DC2 is the best of the racing cars of Integra and has a large market, it has a lot of negative sides. You should know them before buying.
- You can find some holes in the dash and also tacos and gauges everywhere
- The wheels are small in size. While changing them, you have to be careful about choosing the right one
- It is critical to repair any damage
- As the seats are made of porous material, you need to apply shampoos regularly to cleaning
- Though the seat of the driver is perfect, the back seats are congested for the adults
- The original model has no Bluetooth or modern features
- The car is designed without cruise control and blind-spot monitors
- The engine sometimes leaks oil around the sump area
- You need to change the oil every 5000 km and demand high-quality oil
- Oil combustion is a little bit high
- You need to change the cambelt and spark plugs every 100000 km
Besides these, it has some other issues with the exhaust system and the engine. If you are willing to buy a family car, this might not be the best option for you.
That’s all about today’s topic of what DC2 means Integra. What year is it? This car will give you an energetic driving experience with a beautiful audible experience. You can buy one to get a racing feel on the ordinary road. But while buying a used one, you should consider that the car should be highly maintained.
If the previous owner uses cheap turbo kits and junk mods, you should avoid buying them. It should have a good service history! For the new one, you should maintain it well and give time-to-time service checks. Until then, enjoy safe riding!