The 2021 Honda Accord is a popular and highly regarded midsize sedan that offers a winning combination of style, performance, and advanced features.
With its sleek design, powerful engine options, and comfortable interior, the Accord has established itself as a top choice in its segment.
Whether you’re a daily commuter seeking efficiency, a driving enthusiast in search of exhilaration, or a tech-savvy individual who values connectivity and safety, the 2021 Honda Accord has something to offer.
Now, we will explore everything you need to know about the 2021 Honda Accord, from its engine options and performance capabilities to its interior features and advanced safety technologies.
Get ready to discover why the Honda Accord continues to be a standout choice for drivers looking for a well-rounded and reliable sedan.
Key Specifications of the 2021 Honda Accord
- Engine Options: The 2021 Honda Accord offers two engine choices. The base engine is a 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder that delivers 192 horsepower and 192 lb-ft of torque. There is also an available 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that produces 252 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque.
- Transmission Options: The Accord comes with a standard continuously variable transmission (CVT), while the 2.0-liter engine variant can be equipped with an optional 10-speed automatic transmission.
- Fuel Efficiency: The Accord excels in fuel efficiency, with the 1.5-liter engine achieving an EPA-estimated 30 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway. The 2.0-liter engine, though more powerful, still manages an impressive EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
- Trim Levels: The Accord is available in several trim levels, including LX, Sport, Sport Special Edition (SE), EX-L, and Touring, providing options for different preferences and budgets.
- Safety Features: Honda Sensing, a suite of advanced safety and driver-assistance features, comes standard across all Accord trims. It includes collision mitigation braking, adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and road departure mitigation, among others.
- Striking Design: The 2021 Honda Accord features a sleek and sophisticated exterior design, with a bold front grille, sharp LED headlights, and available 19-inch alloy wheels, giving it a sporty and upscale appearance.
- Spacious and Comfortable Interior: The Accord offers a roomy cabin with ample legroom and headroom for both front and rear passengers. The high-quality materials, comfortable seating, and refined craftsmanship enhance the overall driving experience.
- Advanced Technology: The Accord incorporates a range of modern tech features, including an 8-inch touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, Bluetooth connectivity, and available wireless charging. Higher trim levels also offer a 10-speaker premium audio system and a head-up display.
- Smooth and Dynamic Performance: With its responsive handling and available turbocharged engines, the Accord delivers an enjoyable driving experience. The suspension provides a comfortable ride, while the available 2.0-liter engine offers impressive acceleration and passing power.
- Limited Rear Visibility: The Accord’s sloping roofline and rear design can reduce rear visibility, especially when parking or maneuvering in tight spaces. However, the standard rearview camera and available blind-spot monitoring help mitigate this issue.
- No All-Wheel Drive Option: The 2021 Accord is only available with front-wheel drive, which may be a drawback for drivers seeking all-wheel drive capability in certain weather conditions or terrains.
- Improvements Compared to Previous Models: Compared to previous Honda models in the same segment, the 2021 Accord boasts several improvements:
- Updated Styling: The 2021 Accord receives refreshed styling, including a redesigned front grille, new alloy wheel designs, and revised LED headlights and taillights, giving it a more modern and distinctive look.
- Enhanced Technology: The Accord now offers wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, allowing for seamless smartphone connectivity without the need for a physical cable. Additionally, the touchscreen interface has been improved for better responsiveness and user experience.
- Sport Special Edition (SE) Trim: Introduced for 2021, the Sport Special Edition trim combines sporty styling elements with additional features like leather upholstery, heated front seats, and a 12-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, adding more comfort and luxury to the lineup.
The Trim Levels of the 2021 Honda Accord
List of Trim Levels with Key Specifications:
1. Honda Accord LX
The LX trim serves as the base model of the 2021 Honda Accord lineup. It comes equipped with a 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, producing 192 horsepower and 192 lb-ft of torque.
The LX trim offers a standard continuously variable transmission (CVT) and front-wheel drive. Key features include LED headlights, dual-zone automatic climate control, a 7-inch infotainment display, Bluetooth connectivity, and Honda Sensing safety suite.
2. Honda Accord Sport
The Sport trim builds upon the LX and adds sportier design elements and features. It includes larger 19-inch alloy wheels, LED fog lights, a rear spoiler, sport pedals, and chrome exhaust finishers.
The Sport trim is available with either the 1.5-liter turbocharged engine or an optional 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
It also offers additional technology features like an 8-inch touchscreen display, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and an 8-speaker audio system.
3. Honda Accord Sport Special Edition (SE)
The Sport Special Edition (SE) trim is a new addition for the 2021 model year. It combines the sporty aesthetics of the Sport trim with added comfort and luxury features.
The SE trim includes leather-trimmed seats, heated front seats, a 12-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. It retains the same engine options as the Sport trim.
4. Honda Accord EX-L
The EX-L trim introduces more upscale features and amenities. It comes standard with the 1.5-liter turbocharged engine but offers the option for the more powerful 2.0-liter turbocharged engine.
The EX-L includes features like a power moonroof, heated leather-trimmed seats, a 10-speaker premium audio system, an 8-inch touchscreen display with navigation, and a wireless phone charger.
5. Honda Accord Touring
The Touring trim represents the top-of-the-line model in the 2021 Honda Accord lineup. It offers the most advanced features and highest level of luxury.
The Touring trim includes the 2.0-liter turbocharged engine as standard, providing exceptional performance. Additional features include full LED headlights, adaptive dampers, ventilated front seats, a head-up display, a Wi-Fi hotspot, and a 10-speaker premium audio system.
Comparison Table of the 2021 Honda Accord Trim Levels
|Trim Level||LX||Sport||Sport SE||EX-L||Touring|
|Engine||1.5L Turbo||1.5L Turbo or 2.0L||1.5L Turbo or 2.0L||1.5L Turbo or 2.0L||2.0L Turbo|
|Transmission||CVT||CVT or 10-Speed||CVT or 10-Speed||CVT or 10-Speed||10-Speed|
|Wheels||17-inch alloy||19-inch alloy||19-inch alloy||18-inch alloy||19-inch alloy|
|Infotainment||7-inch display||8-inch display||8-inch display||8-inch display||8-inch display|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth||Apple CarPlay/||Apple CarPlay/||Apple CarPlay/||Apple CarPlay/|
Performance of the 2021 Honda Accord
Engine Size, Power, and Type
The 2021 Honda Accord offers two engine options. The base engine is a 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, while a more powerful 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine is also available.
These engines provide a balance of performance and efficiency, catering to different driving preferences.
The 1.5-liter turbocharged engine in the Accord produces 192 horsepower, offering ample power for everyday driving and highway acceleration.
The 2.0-liter turbocharged engine, on the other hand, delivers a robust 252 horsepower, providing stronger performance and faster acceleration.
The 1.5-liter turbocharged engine generates 192 lb-ft of torque, providing good low-end and mid-range torque for responsive acceleration and passing power.
The 2.0-liter turbocharged engine offers even more torque at 273 lb-ft, resulting in enhanced performance and quicker acceleration.
The 2021 Honda Accord offers different transmission options depending on the engine choice and trim level.
The base 1.5-liter engine is paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT), which provides smooth and efficient power delivery.
The 2.0-liter engine can be equipped with either a 10-speed automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual transmission (available on certain trims).
The availability of these transmissions allows drivers to choose between the convenience of an automatic or the engagement of a manual for a more spirited driving experience.
The 2021 Accord excels in fuel efficiency, making it an economical choice for daily commuting and long-distance driving.
The 1.5-liter engine achieves an EPA-estimated 30 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway, while the 2.0-liter engine achieves an EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
These fuel efficiency ratings help keep running costs low and reduce environmental impact.
Suspension and Handling
The Accord is praised for its balanced and composed handling. It features a MacPherson strut front suspension and a multi-link rear suspension, providing a comfortable and controlled ride.
The suspension setup effectively absorbs road imperfections while maintaining stability during cornering. The Accord’s precise steering and well-tuned suspension contribute to its responsive handling and confident maneuverability.
The 2021 Honda Accord is equipped with a reliable braking system that offers responsive and consistent stopping power.
It features four-wheel disc brakes with an anti-lock braking system (ABS) and electronic brake distribution (EBD), which help maintain stability and control during braking.
Additionally, higher trim levels may offer advanced safety features like collision mitigation braking, further enhancing the braking performance and safety of the vehicle.
Additional Performance Factors
- Acceleration: The Accord’s engines provide smooth and quick acceleration, allowing for confident merging and overtaking on highways.
- Aerodynamics: The Accord’s sleek design contributes to its aerodynamic efficiency, reducing drag and improving fuel economy.
- Weight Distribution: The Accord’s weight distribution is optimized for balanced handling, ensuring stability and control in various driving conditions.
Off-road Ability Depends on Several Factors, Including
Off-road ability depends on several factors determining a vehicle’s ability to navigate challenging terrain.
While the Honda Accord is primarily designed as a comfortable and efficient sedan for on-road driving, let’s explore some relevant aspects:.
The Honda Accord is predominantly a front-wheel drive sedan, meaning it does not come with standard four-wheel drive (4WD). However, it’s important to note that 4WD is typically found in SUVs and trucks rather than sedans.
The Accord’s front-wheel drive configuration is optimized for on-road performance and fuel efficiency.
The ground clearance of the 2021 Honda Accord is approximately 155 mm (varies slightly based on trim level). While this ground clearance is suitable for typical road conditions, it is not specifically designed for off-roading.
Off-road vehicles typically have higher ground clearance to navigate uneven terrain, obstacles, and steeper angles.
The Honda Accord is equipped with various traction and stability control systems, such as Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and Traction Control System (TCS).
These systems help optimize traction and stability on paved surfaces, but they are not tailored for off-road conditions where specialized off-road traction features like locking differentials and off-road modes are necessary.
The 2021 Honda Accord introduces a range of trims that prioritize fuel efficiency and advanced hybrid technology.
The VTI-LX 2.0L Hybrid and VTI-LX Hybrid variants both feature a 2.0L unleaded petrol engine combined with an electric motor and a 1-speed automatic transmission.
These hybrid trims excel in delivering exceptional fuel efficiency. However, it is worth noting that their braked capacity is 0kg, indicating that they are not intended for towing.
For those seeking a non-hybrid option, the VTI-LX trim is equipped with a 1.5L unleaded petrol engine paired with a speed continuously variable transmission. This combination provides a balance of performance and efficiency for everyday driving.
Similarly, the VTI-LX 1.5L Turbo variant offers a 1.5L unleaded petrol engine with a speed continuously variable transmission.
However, like the hybrid trims, both these non-hybrid trims have a braked capacity of 0kg, indicating that towing capabilities are not their primary focus.
The 2021 Honda Accord caters to drivers who prioritize fuel efficiency and advanced hybrid technology. However, if towing capacity is a requirement, other Accord models or trims may better suit those specific needs.
|2021 Honda Accord||Specs||Braked capacity|
|VTI-LX 2.0L Hybrid||2.0L, Unleaded Petrol/Electric, 1 SPEED AUTOMATIC||0kg|
|VTI-LX Hybrid||2.0L, Unleaded Petrol/Electric, 1 SPEED AUTOMATIC||0kg|
|VTI-LX||1.5L, Unleaded Petrol, SPEED CONTINUOUS VARIABLE||0kg|
|VTI-LX 1.5L Turbo||1.5L, Unleaded Petrol, SPEED CONTINUOUS VARIABLE||0kg|
Cargo Space and Storage
The Honda Accord offers a decent amount of cargo space, but its design prioritizes passenger comfort and a sleek profile rather than off-road cargo-carrying capabilities.
The trunk space in the Accord provides approximately 16.7 cubic feet of volume, which is sufficient for everyday hauling needs.
However, for serious off-road adventures with extensive gear and equipment, an SUV or a vehicle with a larger cargo capacity may be more suitable.
It’s important to note that the Honda Accord is primarily a sedan designed for comfortable and efficient commuting on paved roads.
While it may handle light off-road situations such as gravel or dirt roads, it is not intended for rugged off-roading or extreme terrain.
If you are seeking a vehicle specifically for off-road adventures, you may want to explore Honda’s SUV lineup, such as the Honda CR-V or Honda Passport, which offer better off-road capabilities.
Exterior and Styling of the 2021 Honda Accord
The 2021 Honda Accord boasts a sleek and contemporary exterior design that combines elegance with a sporty flair. It’s aerodynamic profile and clean lines contribute to its aesthetic appeal and fuel efficiency.
The front fascia features a bold chrome grille, and depending on the trim level, stylish LED headlights and fog lights.
The Accord’s body contours and sculpted sides add a touch of sophistication, while the rear end showcases LED taillights and a chrome-accented exhaust finisher.
Overall, the Accord presents a modern and refined appearance that stands out in its segment.
Interior Designs and Aesthetics
Inside the 2021 Honda Accord, you’ll find a well-crafted and thoughtfully designed cabin that prioritizes comfort, functionality, and a premium feel.
The interior materials are of high quality, and the attention to detail is evident throughout. The layout is clean and uncluttered, with a driver-focused cockpit and a spacious cabin that offers ample legroom and headroom for both front and rear passengers.
The available trims range from cloth upholstery to plush leather seating surfaces, providing a customizable and luxurious feel. Overall, the interior of the Accord exudes a modern and refined ambiance.
Smooth Driving Experience
The 2021 Honda Accord is known for its exceptionally smooth driving experience, which sets it apart from many other car models in its segment.
The Accord’s suspension system strikes a fine balance between comfort and agility, absorbing bumps and road imperfections with ease while maintaining stability during cornering.
The precise and responsive steering enhances the overall driving dynamics, providing a confident and engaging feel behind the wheel.
Additionally, the Accord’s advanced noise cancellation technology and sound insulation contribute to a quiet and serene cabin, further enhancing the smoothness of the ride.
Upper Dashboard Size
The upper dashboard in the Honda Accord is well-designed and proportioned, providing a balanced and unobstructed view of the road ahead. The placement of the controls and display screens is intuitive and within easy reach for the driver, enhancing overall ergonomics.
The Accord offers a comfortable and adjustable driving position that caters to a wide range of driver preferences.
The seats are supportive and provide excellent lumbar support, ensuring a pleasant driving experience even during long journeys.
The driver’s seat and steering wheel offer multiple adjustments to achieve an optimal driving position.
Controls and Instrumentation
The controls and instrumentation in the Accord are user-friendly and logically arranged. The infotainment system features a responsive touchscreen interface, and physical buttons and knobs are conveniently placed for easy operation.
The instrument cluster provides clear and concise information, allowing the driver to stay informed without distraction.
Visibility and Sightlines
The Accord offers good visibility from the driver’s seat, thanks to its well-designed windows and thin roof pillars. The rearview camera and available blind-spot monitoring system further enhance visibility and aid in maneuvering the vehicle in various driving conditions.
Comfort and Seating
The Honda Accord excels in providing a comfortable and supportive seating arrangement for both the driver and passengers. The seats are well-padded and offer adequate cushioning, ensuring a comfortable ride even during long journeys.
The rear seats provide ample legroom and headroom, accommodating passengers of various sizes.
In terms of ergonomics, the Accord offers other notable features such as easily accessible storage compartments, well-placed cup holders, and thoughtful placement of USB ports and charging outlets for enhanced convenience during daily commutes and road trips.
Overall, the 2021 Honda Accord prioritizes ergonomics and driver comfort, ensuring a pleasant and enjoyable driving experience for both the driver and passengers.
Safety Features and Iihs Safety Ratings
The 2021 Honda Accord is equipped with a comprehensive array of advanced safety features designed to provide peace of mind and protect occupants. Some of the notable safety features available in the Accord include:.
- Honda Sensing® Suite: This suite of driver-assistive technologies includes features such as Collision Mitigation Braking System™, Road Departure Mitigation System, Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, and Lane Keeping Assist System. These systems use cameras and sensors to help detect potential hazards and assist the driver in avoiding collisions.
- Advanced Airbag System: The Accord is equipped with a variety of airbags, including dual-stage front airbags, side curtain airbags, and front seat-mounted side airbags, to help protect occupants in the event of a collision.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®): VSA® helps enhance stability and traction by automatically adjusting brake pressure and engine power to individual wheels, assisting the driver in maintaining control during challenging driving conditions.
- Blind Spot Information System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor: This feature helps detect vehicles in your blind spot and alerts you to potential hazards when changing lanes. It also provides warnings when vehicles are approaching from the sides while you are backing up.
In terms of safety ratings, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) awarded the 2021 Honda Accord with its highest rating of “Top Safety Pick+” when equipped with specific headlights.
This signifies that the Accord performs exceptionally well in various crash tests and offers advanced safety features to prevent accidents.
Warranty Coverage and Reliability
Honda offers a solid warranty package for the 2021 Accord, providing peace of mind to owners. The warranty coverage for the Accord includes:. .
- Basic Limited Warranty: The Accord is covered by a 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty, which covers any defects in materials or workmanship.
- Powertrain Limited Warranty: Honda provides a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty, which covers the engine, transmission, and other major powertrain components.
- Limited Warranty Against Rust Perforation: The Accord also comes with a 5-year/unlimited-mile warranty against rust perforation, ensuring protection against corrosion-related issues.
Honda has a reputation for building reliable vehicles, and the Accord is no exception. It has consistently received high marks for its reliability from various sources, including consumer surveys and industry reports.
The life expectancy of a vehicle can vary depending on several factors, including proper maintenance, driving conditions, and individual usage patterns.
With regular maintenance and care, the 2021 Honda Accord has the potential to provide many years of reliable service. Honda vehicles, including the Accord, are known for their longevity, and it’s not uncommon to see well-maintained Accords on the road with high mileage.
Oil Type Used
The 2021 Honda Accord typically requires synthetic engine oil. The specific oil type and viscosity can vary depending on the engine variant and specifications.
It’s recommended to consult the owner’s manual or contact a Honda dealership or authorized service center for the accurate oil type and change intervals for your specific Accord model.
While the Honda Accord is generally regarded as a reliable vehicle, it’s important to note that, like any car, it may experience certain issues over time.
Common problems reported by some Accord owners include:.
- Transmission issues: Some Accord models may experience problems with the automatic transmission, such as slipping gears or rough shifting. However, Honda has addressed these concerns in newer models, including the 2021 Accord, with improved transmission technology.
- Infotainment system glitches: A few owners have reported occasional glitches or freezing issues with the infotainment system. Honda has released software updates to address these concerns, and it.
Other Honda Accord Models –